I made another Lorraine top. This time I made it out of a patterned cotton fabric from Panduro Hobby. The result was pretty different from the first one, this one has more of a retro feel. I made a matching belt to shape it a bit. I’m thinking about making a dress out of the pattern next.
I was feeling adventurous last week and while looking at my fabric stash I grabbed an orange chiffon I bought one or two summers ago and said to myself “why not?”. I have this black sleeveless dress shirt in chiffon (below) that I really like so I found that in my closet and decided to copy it.
This model of shirt was perfect for copying since it’s loose and has a lot of straight lines. I just pinned down the garment to my pattern paper and traced the outlines. A year ago I had never made this kind of collar and placket, but I have made three shirts for my boyfriend since then and am now much more familiar with the process.
When I was done and put the shirt on my mannequin I kept going in to my sewing room just to look at it, I kind of couldn’t believe that I made it. I guess that means that I’m really pleased with the result.
Now I am off to make another one in a cotton fabric!