LyllosMig

Growing in sewing


2 Comments

Mathilde Blouse

IMG_0624.JPG I loved the Mathilde Blouse when Tilly made it in The Great British Sewing Bee. Then I found her book kind of randomly and bought it right away. I hoped the Mathilde Blouse was in the book so when I realized it wasn’t I sent away for it along with Coco. Flash forward a few weeks (months?) and I had finally bought some nice fabric and was ready to go.

IMG_0160.JPG
Unfortunately it wasn’t all smooth sailing, I messed up one side of the pleats by measuring wrong, I accidentaly cut a whole next to an armpit and so on. But worse of all was that I made it a size or two too big *facepalm*! The most noticable part of this was that the shoulders drooped. So I tried to save it by adding an elastic to try to bring it up a bit. I don’t really know if it helped or not.

IMG_0159.JPG
It was a really fun pattern to sew though and I will definitely make it again and this time learn from my mistakes. Maybe I’ll even make a muslin first (the horror!).
Here are some pictures of me wearing it taken from above (because I thought it would look cool)…

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0155.JPGEnd note: it’s kind of funny that I unknowingly made the same version as on the pattern, red buttons and all 🙂