LyllosMig

Growing in sewing


1 Comment

Arielle from France goes to Japan

This is another post that should have been made this fall, better late than never?

First off I’d like to admit that I have yet to wear this outfit besides for these photos so I can’t say it’s a wearable combo in my life. With that being said, I still kind of like it as an outfit.
The blouse is the Arielle Blouse from Deer & Doe. I can’t remember now but I must have shortened the sleeves, probably because I can’t stand wearing 3/4 sleeves (I do like rolled up long sleeves though, weird). The fabric is some kind of mystery fabric that I can’t remember buying, it was probably on sale somewhere. It most definitely contains a lot of polyester though since it melted when I ironed it. I am classifying this as a toile since it helped me determine that I really like this pattern, I will most likely make this up again in another fabric. I have a couple nice voiles that could be awesome.

This makes me wonder since I have never heard anyone speak the words toile or voile, do they rhyme?
The pants are made by this Stoff & Stil pattern again. The fabric is a lovely thick Japanese fabric that I love. Unfortunately I think I got the last piece, but it’s a darker version of this or this, this is also similar but with a smaller pattern. The thing about these Japanese fabrics is that they are just as cool on the wrong side as the right. You can see this on the inside of my waistband.
IMG_9268The pocket fabric is also a Japanese fabric, but it’s a thinner quilting cotton weight. Apparently I forgot to take a picture of the right side, oops.IMG_9266IMG_9264These are classified in my closet as special occasion pants as the fabric lacks good recovery, so it’s a wash after wear kind of thing. They are pretty fun to look at though 🙂


2 Comments

Mathilde Blouse

IMG_0624.JPG I loved the Mathilde Blouse when Tilly made it in The Great British Sewing Bee. Then I found her book kind of randomly and bought it right away. I hoped the Mathilde Blouse was in the book so when I realized it wasn’t I sent away for it along with Coco. Flash forward a few weeks (months?) and I had finally bought some nice fabric and was ready to go.

IMG_0160.JPG
Unfortunately it wasn’t all smooth sailing, I messed up one side of the pleats by measuring wrong, I accidentaly cut a whole next to an armpit and so on. But worse of all was that I made it a size or two too big *facepalm*! The most noticable part of this was that the shoulders drooped. So I tried to save it by adding an elastic to try to bring it up a bit. I don’t really know if it helped or not.

IMG_0159.JPG
It was a really fun pattern to sew though and I will definitely make it again and this time learn from my mistakes. Maybe I’ll even make a muslin first (the horror!).
Here are some pictures of me wearing it taken from above (because I thought it would look cool)…

IMG_0154.JPG

IMG_0156.JPG

IMG_0155.JPGEnd note: it’s kind of funny that I unknowingly made the same version as on the pattern, red buttons and all 🙂