Wow, this is a long time coming. I finished this coat in the fall of 2015. We shot the pictures a few months later but somehow I didn’t get to posting because it felt as though I had to write so much about this project.
Since I made this coat I have been wearing it pretty much everyday in the colder months. To be honest I’ll probably not wear it as much next winter since most of the buttons have fallen out and it could use a wash (but the lining makes it unwashable).
Since it’s been a while I’ll just shortly write about it.
Pattern: Minoru Jacked by Sewaholic
Adjustments: Followed this great guide by Sallie Oh for removing the gathers.
Added a front button placket.
Added a removable hood.
Added furry lining to the body and quilted lining fabric to the arms.
Added rib knit to the lining arms.
Added bellow pockets.
Added a drawstring at the waist instead of elastic.
Shell Fabric: Dralon (water resistant with teflon) from Stof & Stil
Main lining: I think it was this fake fur
Arm lining: Quilted lining fabric